Board member, Maddy, and her daughter sorting Bay View Bash materials in 2016.
We’re looking for an organized, sustainability-minded, intern to help coordinate our efforts to make the 2019 Bay View Bash a near zero-waste event. Check out the Full Internship Description and our Bay View Bash Info Page for more details!
The intern must be present the entire weekend of the Bash: September 21 & 22, 2019.
The Kompost Kids Sustainability Media Intern will:
- Assist with the planning and implementing Kompost Kids’ near Zero Waste diversion program at the 2019 Bay View Bash, including:
- Leading up to Bash – review current policies, procedures, and past outcomes
- Weekend of Bash – collect, sort discarded materials, and train others in how to reclaim food/drink waste from all items that are discarded at the Bash
- During and Post-Bash – Document procedures and outcomes
- Produce media materials related to the event, including:
- Social Media Postings (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Short videos (such as on Instagram or Facebook Live)
- Create and print materials such as flyers and signage
- Communicate with the public about the event, including:
- Distribution of flyers and print materials
- Representation at community events
- Tracking and publicizing sustainability efforts leading up to and during the event
- Highlighting collaborations with other MKE organizations to improve landfill diversion
The internship begins May 2019 and ends upon completion of the exit interview October 2019.
- Total compensations is $600
- $150 will be distributed on July 1, 2019
- $150 will be distributed on August 15, 2019
- $300 will be distributed after the Bash and completion of exit interview in October 2019
- We can work with your school if you are eligible to receive course credit for internships
** See the Full Internship Posting and Apply Soon!
Please email a cover letter and resume to Renee at: email@example.com by 4:00 PM Friday, May 3, 2019.
What it looks like before we sort and reclaim organics and recyclables so that they don't go into a landfill.