Be a KOMPOSTER Trash Hero and earn funds!
Back by popular demand, we’re recruiting KOMPOSTER Teams to earn funds for hand-sorting Bay View Bash food and drink items from festival receptacles (garbage, recyclable, and compostable bins) to reclaim what should not go to a landfill. The 2019 Bay View Bash is on Saturday, September 21st & additional teams are needed on Sunday, September 22nd.
Earn funds for your green project, sustainability team, or community group! Minimum requirement: 10 people, 2-hour commitment. Support funding will go to organizations, not individuals. This is based on the number people in your team, the hours they volunteer, and total amount organics diverted from the landfill. Click here for the KOMPOSTER Fundraiser Flyer!
- The article, Volunteers Make It Possible, describes the sorting process.
- Shift preference on a first come-first served basis
- When nearing volunteer capacity, your team is put on a waitlist
- If we have a waitlist, Team leaders already assigned a shift will provide team roster draft sooner than Aug 26th spots can open.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email with your team date/time.
- To guarantee T-shirts – sign up by Thursday, August 29.
- Teams must sign up and have their team roster by Wednesday, September 18.
- Teams are trained, and we will have this sorting info banner up in the sorting station. Thanks to former board member, Julie Pahnke, for putting together the banner!
Educational or project-based learning opportunity possible. Email any questions to Renee at compost_at_kompostkids.com. Go to www.kompostkids.org/BVB for WAAAY more information. Become a KOMPOSTER Team Leader today!