Board member, Maddy, and her daughter sorting Bay View Bash materials in 2016.
We’re looking for an organized, sustainability-minded, intern to help coordinate our efforts to make the 2017 Bay View Bash a zero-waste event. Check out the Full Internship Description and our Mission and Vision for more details!
The intern must be present the entire day of the Bash: September 16th, 2017.
The Bay View Bash Intern Will Be Responsible For**:
- Creating and implementing materials related to the composting effort.
- Representing Kompost Kids at regular Bay View Bash meetings (Monthly in May-July, then 1HR/wk in Aug and Sept).
- Coordinate sustainability efforts including compostable materials donation and cost comparison, and implementation of a secondary sort facility.
- Track measurables like quantity of trash, compostables and recycling.
- Excellent communication and logistics skills to coordinate the distribution of vendor materials.
- Capacity to supervise and train volunteers as well as educate the public.
- Knowledge of MS excel, creation of graphs, and other report-required functions.
- A cheerful attitude, sense of humor, and a willingness to get dirty.
Compensation and Time Commitment**:
- Compensation is a $500 stipend, distributed after completion of the project.
- Time commitment spans May—October 2017 (flexible schedule outside of Bash meetings).
- This is a great opportunity in the MKE composting and environmental movement!
** See the Full Description and Apply Soon!
Please email a cover letter and resume to Renee at: firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 PM Friday, May 05, 2017.
What it looks like before we sort and reclaim organics and recyclables so that they don't go into a landfill.